ascot aug08
This is a single article. Click HERE to go to the main page.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

200th Post!


Holy Moly





Whew, not quite one year since I launched my Blog on the advice of my super brother, I am posting for the 200th time, feels pretty good.

Okay, so whether any of these 200 posts have consistently been insightful is debatable but it sure is a cool outlet for myself and my local racing scene gets some attention.



Canadian-breds have made an impact worldwide for decades. Many of the most influential and talented racehorses have been foaled and raised here.


There are surely more to come.


Last season was not the best for the Canadian-breds, in fact it has been a couple of years since we've had a really, really good Canadian-bred compete south of the border (Soaring Free perhaps).


Simply going over the list of the top 2-year-olds of last year, girls and boys, makes it impossible not to be excited about the upcoming season (Mar. 31). The backstretch openers next weekend!


SEALY HILL starts our engines today at Gulfstream. A powerful and impressive miss, let's hope she is the real deal and has progressed well to a mature sophomore.





Ugh, MORE TO PROVE is aptly named at this time. The With Approval filly had a dreadful debut yesterday at Gulfstream (eased) and no doubt will have to regroup and head to the turf.


















4 Comments:

  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Baloo said…

    Congrats on your 200th post. I really enjoy your writing, and insight. Keep up the great work!

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Kennedy said…

    I'm hopeful that Pletcher's Twilight Meteor can develop into a top class horse and carry the flag for the CAN-breds in the US. He is already proficient on Turf and Polytrack.

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Kennedy said…

    Sealy Hill ran a decent second. I dont think she was best served by going to the front but perhaps a bigger field will present a better pace scenario for her. Still there is no shame in losing to Autobahn Girl. I had the Zito filly ranked #6 in my Oaks contenders list.

     
  • At 7:43 PM, Blogger Patrick J Patten said…

    Way to go on 200, and I'd say all 200 were great reads. THanks for being a contributing member of our group.

     

Post a Comment